Wednesday, January 1, 2020

The Downside of NaNoWriMo

I enjoy doing NaNoWriMo, the few times I've done it.  I think I've tried 3 times and completed it twice.  It's a grind, but the push helps get stories out and onto "paper".  At the end, if you've managed to finish the story, there's a real feeling of accomplishment.  However...

After writing hard for all of November, you don't feel like writing anything in December.  You're simply exhausted.  That's how my December has gone, very little accomplished as far as actual writing.

That said, I did manage to work on my office, cleaning it up, putting up pictures and a cork board.  I've also tried doing some work in the new version of Photoshop I got a week ago, to familiarize myself in preparation for creating new covers.  So December hasn't been a total loss, but I haven't completed as much as I would have liked.  Now, to refocus for January...

No comments:

Post a Comment