Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Were Comes the Wolf

Ok, so I'm about 30k words in, and I'm just now realizing this story has been a drama instead of action/adventure, like I usually strive for.  So now that presents me with a few questions...

Without the action, is this story still entertaining?

Do I need to try and rewrite and create more action?

Or, do I abandon this story completely?

I intend for a number of action sequences to come up, but is that too little, too late?  Typically my stories have been 40-50k words.  Based on what I have planned, this one may be as much as 60k.  That means I have half a story and it's mostly a drama, so I can have an action packed second half, but will it be enough?  Questions, questions, and a lack of answers.  Perhaps this is one I should have mapped out, and I would have seen this issue sooner.  Hindsight and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment